Saturday, March 13, 2010

Why I hate New York

I never go to New York. Since my last time in NY I've been to San Francisco, LA, Washington D.C., Sydney, Wellington, Tokyo, Paris, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Venice, Hong Kong, Toronto, and a lot of other cities as well as other types of travel. But I feel like they always mistreat me in New York. Frank Bruni's articles about bad actors in the restaurant business often confirmed my aversion. Here's today's New York cheaters story from the New York Times:
New York Cabs Gouged Riders Out of Millions
Thousands of taxi drivers overcharged riders more than $8 million by switching the meter to double the rate, according to the Taxi and Limousine Commission. About 3,000 New York City taxi drivers routinely overcharged riders over two years by surreptitiously fixing their meters to charge rates that would normally apply only to trips outside the five boroughs, according to the city’s Taxi and Limousine Commission.

No comments: