Monday, September 06, 2010

Mona at the Torpedo Factory

We found an artist making Mona Lisa collages at a beautiful art space in the old torpedo factory. No joking, they used to manufacture torpedos for military use there. It's a wonderful place like an art fair with studios -- and photos on the walls of what it was like as a manufacturing plant. I think manufacturing can be beautiful, and always loved Rouge Tool & Die when I worked at Ford; I wonder if it will ever become an artists paradise.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Well, I've been having a wonderful time looking down, catching up on Alice and Miriam who are simply adorable (and great photos of them) and the Mona/CERN story and this one. But I had to comment here, because what a great space for creation! Loved what I saw -- you always find the coolest things!