Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shaw's Garden

The weather wizards relented! We had all the sunshine we could imagine at the Missouri Botanical Garden (Shaw's Garden).
shaw5821

In front of the Climatron, statues by Carl Milles, whose fountains I have always liked. I think prototypes for some of these are at Cranbrook near Carol's house.

shaw5808

Some of the Garden's collected works in glass by Dale Chihuly.

shaw5859
Ruby with Henry Shaw, founder of the gardens.

shaw5872
High school art class from nearby school.

shaw5895
I found the Japanese gardens amazingly beautiful!

Several more photos are on Flickr including:

shaw5823 shaw5863 shaw5886 shaw5892 shaw5870

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I'm glad that Chihuly survived the storms! I'm a sucker for a Japanese garden -- this one looks amazing!